Spend the night with scouts on the USS Hornet aircraft carrier!
What you need to know:
- 3pm, Saturday April 8: Leave San Jose to travel to Alameda
- Noon, Sunday, April 9: Return home
- $42 per person. Paypal only, please.
- 1 Adult per Scout
- BSA Medical Form Parts A & B required.
- Fine print:
Sign up preference is given to scouts.
Cost is being subsidized by the Pack.
If we have slots left we may be able to accommodate siblings. No participants under age 5, per program rules.
For youth aged 10+ we don't need a strict 1:1 ratio with adults.
Please coordinate any sibling or 10+ exceptions with the Cubmaster or Committee Chair prior to signing up.
What to expect:
- Sleep in restored berthing compartments where the real Hornet crew lived
- Enjoy dinner and breakfast in the Crew’s Mess
- Learn about this famous aircraft carrier’s daring exploits
- Explore the key areas in the ship and the historical naval aircraft on board
- Learn about NASA’s Apollo 11 and Apollo 12 space missions that put the first humans on the Moon
- Ride the Flight Simulator – experience what it’s like to catapult and fly from the carrier
- Earn a special crew member patch & certificate!
- USS Hornet Overnighter General Information Packet
What to bring:
- Arrive in Class A full uniform
- Sleeping bag
- Flashlight / headlamp
- Hand towel
- Water bottle
- Good walking shoes (No open-toed shoes!)
- Ear plugs for light sleepers
Please do NOT bring: Weapons, knives, alcohol, lighters, matches, unnecessary electronic devices (tablets, hair dryers, laser pointers), open toe shoes.
1. Sign up: